A child friendly song explaining how to wash your hands. For a written version of the full technique, head to The NHS website: https://www.nhs.uk/live-well/healthy-body/best-way-to-wash-your-hands/
New Phonics lessons every day on YouTube from Monday 20th April
To help children learning to read at home during school closure, we are streaming 7 phonics, reading and spelling lessons every weekday on our YouTube channel.
Each lesson is ten to fifteen minutes long and available for 24 hours.
Speed Sounds Set 1 – for children in Nursery and Reception and children who are new to English
- Set 1 Speed Sounds 9.30 am (BST)
- Set 1 Word Time 9.45 am
- Set 1 Spelling 10.00 am
Speed Sounds Set 2 – for children in Reception that can read Set 1 Speed Sounds and for children in Year 1 and 2
- Set 2 Speed Sounds and Word Time 10.00 am
- Set 2 Spelling 10.15am
Speed Sounds Set 3 – for children in Year 1 and 2 that can read Set 2 Speed Sounds
- Set 3 Speed Sounds and Word Time 10.30 am
- Set 3 Spelling 10.45 am
Don’t worry if you miss a lesson. Once each set has been shown, we will replay one a day from each set.
Talk for writing – The booklet below is designed to inspire and support your child to develop skills and confidence in speaking, reading and writing. Through the world of Mavis, the Magical Cat, your child will be invited to explore a number of engaging, fun and purposeful activities.
If you would like to keep to a routine, here is a an example of a possible schedule.
- Games to support learning
- Oxford Owl –
- Top Marks –
- Nrich –
- We are streaming three Speed Sounds lessons for children to watch at home every weekday on our YouTube channel. Each lesson is ten minutes long and available for 24 hours.
- Phonics play –
- Phonics play comics –
- Epic phonics songs –
High frequency words –
- Random house books – https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC9LvODN4v9P3dxwOIYlBULA
- Oxford Owl –
- Poems and stories with Michael Rosen –